jueves, 19 de enero de 2012

Week 2 sum up!

Ok... yes... I know now its almost the end of week three but I swear I've been meaning to post since Sunday, then I wanted to wait for Don's (My mentor) Critique and then... well, ok no excuses!

So, Week two is over; it was actually quite a fantastic one, our assignment was to sketch some poses, go outside, and sketch, sketch sketch. Then pick our favorite one and pose it on Stu! Which was actually pretty fun, because, even when he's a fun fella, he's not that friendly to pose. He's got this HUGE head and hands, so most of the poses you draw, turn out a bit different when you try them on him. But this is actually a pretty good thing, this way, and with this I'm gonna quote some of the amazing feedback I got form my Fellow students, peers and mentor, it helps you understand the importance of basic and important things, to nae a few:
1.-Line of action
2.- Negative spaces
3.-Silhouette.
3.5.- Arcs
4.- No twining. (which basically means, try to avoid joints touching each other or limbs doing the exact same thing)
5.- The curve! This one being a new one for me, most of the shapes we do, draw or pose, have a curve, either in a C o S shape (both can be inverted) And understanding this was really great, good discovery, it does really change the way you start planning your sketches, and your poses; It does, like one of the lectures says, make you see the world different, is like starting to understand how things work and why they move and how they do it. Its really fascinating.

Yes, there's plenty of other things you have to mind while posing and sketching, not to mention animating, but So far, this week those up there were the ones that got to me the strongest.
I'm gonna try and make this posts a bit more interesting, because there's so many images and links that might help you understand what I'm babbling about, but its gonna have to be for the next one.. sorry! I gotta go a bounce a basketball!!

Thanks and see you again! (For whom might be reading)

BTW, Here's how my sketches and Stu came out last week.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario