domingo, 8 de enero de 2012

First week's gone.

So, apparently in only one blink, first week is over.
It's funny how time can go so very s-lo-o-w-l-y when you're waiting for something so badly and the suddenly you're there and first week... gone, finní, adiós....
Anyway...
So week one is over already and I've already have a lecture for week 2 and a new assignment. For week one we only had to update our profile, introduce ourselfs to our Mentor, classmates and basically start expolirng the campus and talking to some of our fellow students, and getting around.
For this second week we're gonna upload some sketches of poses and choose the one we think works the best and use STU! ( Yei! ) to pose him with the one we choose.
It's gonna be real fun and basically and very important this week is gonna be all about OBSERVING! observe observe and observe a lot, start to learn how the body moves and how to make a pose out of lines, and rough sketches and simplify what we see and be able to translate those poses into lines and eventually make them work, and be readable in a drawn and 3D character.
Pweef!
I've never been any good at drawing so this is gonna be fun... A fellow student recomended the book: "Simplify drawing for planing animation" by Wayne Gilbert, so I'm gonna stick with it as a bible.

I also started reading, this week, "The Illusion of Life" and though I'm not done with it yet, it's incredibly amazing, and I don't think this is a one-time reading book. Each chapter is full of all this amazing information and history that you just can't let go of it. Every page I turn it's a new discovery and its just as if I knew absolutely nothing of animation.

So... back to week 2
I'm starting to stress out a bit for not knowing exactly how I'm gonna organize my self and my time to get it all done by sunday, but most of it, organize to actually getting the most out of the subjects of this week, be sure to get them all in my mind as firmly as possible, cuz I know, all the basics are gonna be the most importat to hold on to in my entire animating journey.
I'm gonna work in a to-do list and workflow for this week, and I'll make sure to let you know how it goes and what works for it.

Well, this was a long post, so, I'm off to planning.
See ya around!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario